Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Last night I actually had a clue!

Last week, I decided to be ambitious and clean my oven.  So, I turned on the "Self-Cleaning" option on my oven...and burned up my oven.  Planning dinner has become a challenge.  What can I cook without my oven?
That means that I have planned ahead (a little more than usual). I had a cooked meatloaf in the freezer that I defrosted and heated in the microwave.  Then I cooked sun-dried tomato waffle bread and we made sandwiches!  They were fabulous!
I found the recipe in my new favorite cookbook, Cooking for Isaiah by Silvana Nardone.  If you are gluten-free and dairy free, it is a must for your cookbook library.  If you aren't gf/df, it has great ideas.  You could make regular waffles and just add the sun-dried tomatoes and Italian seasonings.
I'm so excited.  There was just enough leftovers that I get one for lunch!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment